Saturday, August 2, 2008

They don't make them like they used to!

Okay these aren't quite the usual school photos! But Yasmin and I visited school some years back (actually I think it was in the 90s) and found the old name boards stacked in a corner of the old library (what used to be the old hall and what is now the main reception area, principal's office etc).
The names may not be clearly visible here but if you click on the picture an enlarged version comes up.

Oh - and they LITERALLY don't make them like they used to .. apparently the class sizes increased so much that they stopped making these boards by the 90s.

7 comments:

Leena Thomas said...

Omi gosh...I can see my name on the 1980 list! Thanks Nazu!!!!

Raj said...

Hey Nazu, are you saying they don't put these boards up anymore for all to see their accomplishments and come back for some good memories??-perhaps they have it recorded in a hologram or something these days?? Beam me up Scottie!!...to 1975... 1980..yeah, that would be somthin else don't you think??

Without Shadow said...

I have been horribly scolded by my sister for putting her picture on the net. However because it also has the boards in the pic, she has relented and allowed me to keep it on!! If you ever meet her, do tell her how beautiful she looks in the picture so she will never change her mind about allowing it to be on this blog LOL

Supriya Hegde said...

Yasmin does look beautiful.

Thanks Nazu, I had never seen this board,I see the second half of my name.Hey, thanks so much.

Leena Thomas said...

Yasmin's looking great and as young as I remember her!

Nazu, do we know the whereabouts of all of these boards? Presumably they didn't just chuck them away? We should go back and photograph every one of them!

Without Shadow said...

I'm not sure these boards still exist! Perhaps they are piled away somewhere. I shall try to find out next time I go to school. And will borrow my dad's digicam for that!

sabine said...

awwww. i had imagined that those boards were still up... oh well, that's sad.

sabine (1966)