Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lights... Camera... Action

Remember the drama of all those school concerts, plays and Inter House Dramatics Competitions.... the hours spent in rehearsals, preparing costumes and props...all leading up to the big production?!!!! Well here's a sample of those momentous occasions in the next three posts.

The Shoemaker and the Elves - Standard II, 1971.

This item was presented by Mrs Dickson’s class in 1971. I can’t remember all the names…but here's a shot -

Front Row: The Shoemaker's children: Madhu Matta, Kumuda, ?, and Marina Joseph; the Shoemaker’s wife Viji R, The Shoemaker: Nalin?, Queen: Nurith, King:Bobby Gupta, Prince: Thomas?, Princess: Firdaus, The Six Elves: ? has their head down, Suja Philips?, Shiney Ninan, ?, ?, Leena.
Back Row: Other Customers: John Arul, Sandra Marley, ?, Nina Dhruve.

4 comments:

Without Shadow said...

That's so sweet! I wish I had pix of my KG concert .. Anu (Kurien ie Latha's sister) and I were shepherdesses .. don't remember too much about it other than having a straw bonnet .. and practice time with two brothers (twins) Ajay and Vijay who would pinch each other each time we passed on the dance floor LOL .. also some vague memory of the Daisy Daisy song and being on a tricycle!!

kumuda said...

What an absolutely wonderful blog! All these pictures transported me years back! Surprisingly I remember the names of so many girls from the 80s batch - including their surnames!

Leena Thomas said...

Kumuda Aryani...how nice to see you here...
I'm listed as Leena Thomas under contributors...check my profile page...you can send me an email from there
Leena Athyal (1980)

A COOL GUY said...

HELLO
AS I AM LOOKING FOR SOME FRIENDS FROM THIS CLASS MRS DICKSONS IF ANY PLS DO CONTACT
EMAIL ADD vvaru@yahoo.com